Fiancee Visas


Individuals interested in entering the United States to marry an American citizen, and reside in the U.S. should apply for a K-1 Visa. The K-1 Visa enables you to apply for conditional permanent resident status.


The following documents are required for the K-1 Visa:

  1. A passport, valid for travel to the United States for a duration more than the intended period of stay by at least six months.
  2. A birth certificate.
  3. A divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse.
  4. Police certification of all the places you have lived since the age of 16.
  5. A medical examination.
  6. Evidence of support.
  7. Evidence of a valid relationship with your fiance(e) with proof of having met.
  8. Two recent photographs 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm), with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.

These visas are used when the alien cannot otherwise come to the United States. The time frame for issuance of this visa is six (6) to nine (9) months with completion of the case in the United States after the marriage.